Will you survive a fire?
Building fires occur all the time.
In 2012-2013 the NSW Fire Brigade attended 6,721 fire incidents in homes and commercial buildings. That’s 18.41 per day.
Are you absolutely sure you, your family, property and assets could survive a fire with minimal loss?
The only difference between a devastating loss of life, property or your business could be having working fire safety systems.
But sadly, many people think they’re okay. Their systems are old, inadequate and simply not up to the task when called upon. Fires can take hold within minutes. Flashover (where a fire moves from the original source to igniting the whole room) can be as little as 2 minutes. Rooms can reach over 1000 degrees C.
Which means you have VERY LITTLE time to evacuate should your fire systems not protect you.
Now assuming you do get out safely, your next battle could be with your Insurance Provider.
Commercial building and apartment blocks MUST have fully compliant fire safety systems in accordance with Australian Standards (AS) and Building Codes of Australia (BCA) requirements.
Systems must be regularly serviced and audited in accordance with AS1851, AS2293.2 and the Environmental Planning and Assessment act of 2000 or you run the risk of having your claims reduced or knocked back.
At Dragon Fire Services our goal is to ensure your systems are fully compliant and will work to protect you in an emergency.
Our team are all accredited fire specialists who bring over 100 years combined experience to the table.
Our clients range from:
- Private hospitals including Westmead, our staff have also worked in all the major Sydney hospitals including St Vincent’s Sydney, Royal Prince Alfred Camperdown, Nepean Hospital Penrith, Cumberland, Rozelle and Balmain.
- Major shopping centres including Oxford square Darlinghurst and Woolworths Plaza Shopping centre Wentworthville
- Electrical Utilities including TransGrid and Energy Australia.
- Woolworths, Aldi, IGA , Franklins and Coles Supermarkets.
- Nursing homes, schools, factories, warehouses and heritage buildings.
- Our staff have also worked for Ministry of defence housing, RAAF, RAN and Army bases
- Computer rooms and Communications / data rooms with gas suppression systems.
Don’t leave yourself at risk. Call us on 1300 149 218 or 0411 293 004 Now and book yourself in for a Fire Safety Check.
Our Services Include
New fire systems
E.W.I.S – Emergency Warning and Intercommunication Systems
B.O.W.S – Building Occupant Warning Systems
Emergency & Exit Lighting
Smoke and thermal Detectors
Fire Hose Reels
Diagnosis, testing & repair of existing systems to bring them up to compliance
Fire System Testing in accordance with AS1851 and AS2293.2
Annual Fire Safety statements as required under the EP&A act of 2000